International Students

The International Student Handbook is a useful tool to help you navigate your life in the US on the Nichols College Campus.

Academic/Admission related forms

  • International Fees and Expenses
  • SEVIS Transfer in form: For students transferring into Nichols from another school.
  • Enrollment Verification Request: The National Student Clearinghouse (NSC) now provides downloadable enrollment certifications for Nichols College students 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.  Students no longer have to request this information through Nichols College’s Registrar’s Office.  Students may request this information through the NSC Self-Service Portal.
  • Invitation Letter for Family Visit or Commencement: The U.S. Department of State has stated that “Visa applicants must qualify on the basis of the applicant’s residence and ties abroad, rather than assurances from U.S. family and friends. A letter of invitation or Affidavit of Support is not needed to apply for a visitor visa. For additional information, click here.

CPT/OPT Work Authorization Forms

Internship/Co-op (CPT) Registration

Apply for 12-Month Optional Practical Training (OPT)

  • STEP 1: Complete  Nichols 12-Month OPT Application (PDF)
  • STEP 2: Complete I-765 DRAFT Form (PDF) application for 12-month OPT
  • STEP 3: Submit above forms to the OPT Application Form for review
  • STEP 4: Schedule an appointment with the International Program office.
    • PLEASE NOTE: You MUST complete and submit the above documents BEFORE meeting with an advisor for your OPT review.  During your meeting, you will be issued a new I-20 with OPT requested, which you must have BEFORE filing USCIS petition for work authorization.

OPT/STEM OPT Reporting Requirements

Living in the US

Need Help?

Book an appointment with International Advising.

About Us

Contact Information

Office Hours

Mon - Fri:

Summer Office Hours

Mon - Thurs:
Closed Friday


Library 306